As a business with headquarters in Dunfermline, Fife, we care deeply about the community we operate in and where many of our staff originate from.
In 2010 the Canvas Holidays team voted for Fife Young Carers to be our local charity to support.
Fife Young Carers is a charity which supports local young people who spend their lives caring for someone else, often a parent or sibling. As a result, these young people often have very difficult lives - much of their time is dominated by their caring role.
Since we started supporting Fife Young Carers in 2010, we’ve held many fundraising efforts and are proud to have been able to send a group to one of our campsites for a much needed holiday every year.
This may be the only way these young people get a break, and for most of them, their first trip abroad.
These trips are wholly funded through the fundraising efforts of the Canvas Holidays team in Dunfermline.
We’re delighted to be able to make a positive difference to the lives of these courageous young people and are very proud of what our dedicated staff have achieved through various efforts, including:
- A sponsored ‘virtual’ cycle of 750 miles from Dunfermline to Berny Rivière -
- A sponsored walk covering the 119 miles of the Fife Coastal Path
- Abseiling from the Forth Rail Bridge
- Cycling 100 miles in one day
- Children’s triathlon
- Walking the West Highland Way
- Completing the Yorkshire ‘Three Peaks Challenge’
- Completing the 47 miles of Pedal for Scotland
- Completing the ‘Trossachs Ton’ (75 miles)
Keep an eye on our social media channels to find out how we've been helping Fife Young Carers.