Booked one of our brilliant lodges at Camping la Croix du Vieux Pont, Berny Rivière? We’ve put together a list of 10 useful things to know before you go.
1. The lodges have central heating throughout, meaning you’ll be nice and cosy if the evenings are a little chilly. Ask your courier to show you where the controls are, and how it works when you arrive.
2. You’ll only find European plug sockets – take an adaptor plug if you need to charge any devices or use your hair straighteners.
3. The lodges all have fantastic, spacious emplacements. You’ll find the 4 bedroom lodges at the front of the site, close to the swimming pool. The 3 bedroom lodges are on the new campsite extension – you head through the underpass to reach these. The 2 bedroom lodges are at the top end of the campsite, overlooking the fishing lake.
4. All lodges have a retractable stair gate fitted at the top and bottom of the stairs, keeping it safe for little ones.
5. You’ll find pillows and blankets in your accommodation. If you’ve booked linen, this will be placed in your accommodation when you arrive. If you haven’t, you’ll need to take sheets and sleeping bags or duvets.
6. It’s worth mentioning the main bedroom in the 4 bedroom lodge has a king-size bed, so bear this in mind when you’re packing your sheets!
7. The lodges all have decked area to the front, which has a retractable canopy –perfect for creating shade if it’s hot (or shelter for outside dining if it’s raining…)
8. All the lodges have a TV (showing French channels) and a DVD player. While you hopefully won’t need them, consider packing a few of the kids favourite DVDs just in case the weather is bad.
9. It’s a good idea to pack slippers – the lodges all have bare floorboards, so slippers are cosy for your feet, and quieter for everyone else!
10. There’s no need to do the washing up while you’re on a lodge holiday! They all have a dishwasher, with plenty of room for all the pots and pans. You might want to pack a few dishwasher tablets to save buying them while you’re away.
Have you been on a lodge holiday at Camping la Croix du Vieux Pont with Canvas Holidays? Got any tips you’d add to our list?