Missing your best friend while you are on holiday is ruff and Facetiming just doesn’t cut it. Next time you head off on an adventure, why not chose one of our fantastic dog-friendly sites, which will welcome the whole family. Get out and enjoy the great outdoors together and get everyone’s tail wagging.
We’ve pulled together some top leads to help you em’bark’ on planning your next Canvas trip:
Cala Llevado, Tossa de Mar – Spain
Cala Llevado is in the heart of the Spanish countryside, surrounded by pine trees, with a picturesque setting and glorious views of both the sea and mountains. The campsite is perfect for a family camping holiday with direct access to 4 beaches – ideal for dog walks and just minutes from the site there are plenty of hiking trails. The medieval fishing village of Tossa del Mar is just 2 miles away on foot, walking along one of the most beautiful stretches of the Costa Brava.
(Ferry 500 miles to Santander, fly to Girona 23 miles, Barcelona 62 miles)
Landal Warsberg, Saarburg, Germany
Camping Landal Warsberg is a spacious site set high on a hillside offering stunning views of the rolling Saar countryside. This is an ideal location for a relaxing family holiday. This campsite is perched on a hill overlooking the town of Saarburg – a typical Rhineland town with an ancient watermill and charming old buildings, clustered around the bustling market square. Boat trips can be taken from here down the river Saar to Trier and into Luxembourg and beyond and there are many waymarked walks through the surrounding area.
(Ferry 250 miles to Zeebrugge, fly to Luxembourg 25 miles, Frankfurt Hahn 57 miles)
Camping Chateau de Boisson, Ardèche, France
Camping Château de Boisson has three red tents by Michelin, its set in the pretty hamlet of Boisson from where you can take walking routes into the surrounding hills. Set on a steep hillside, this small campsite is ideally located for exploring the Ardèche. Site facilities are charmingly housed in the buildings and courtyard of the old château. There is a river beach at St Denis, three miles away.
(Ferry 639 miles to Calais, Fly to Nimes 39 miles; Montpelier 68 miles; Marseille 94 miles)
Camping Domaine des Ormes, Dol de Bretagne – France
This first-class campsite (awarded five red tents by Michelin) is set in the grounds of a château within 600 acres of wooded parkland. The sandy beaches of St Malo are 15 miles away. Our canine reviewer Falco (and his owner Paul) took a holiday on this site, you can read about their trip here.
(Ferry from Plymouth and Portsmouth direct to St. Malo 17 miles)
Camping la Grande Métairie, Brittany, France
Camping la Grande Métairie has been a Canvas favourite for more than 40 years. Set in the parkland grounds of a Breton manor house, this beautifully maintained site has been awarded five red tents by Michelin and has a lovely sandy beach.
(Ferry from Plymouth and Portsmouth direct to St Malo 113 miles)
With over 150 sites to choose from you’re sure to find a spot that suits you and your pet. Paws for a moment to check out our rules for travelling with your dog and you can always call our friendly and knowledgeable call centre staff to help you with your booking on 0345 268 0827.
To celebrate National Dog Day, we are hosting a photo competition on our Facebook and Instagram. Pop over there for more details on how to enter for a chance to win one of five stylish travel bags for your four-legged friend.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is Canvas Holidays
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run on Facebook and Instagram
- By entering this competition you are giving Canvas Holidays permission to share your photograph via our social channels (with credit)
- The winner will be required to email a hi-res version of their photograph to Canvas Holidays for use in future marketing campaigns.
- The photographs will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by Canvas Holidays
- The judge’s decision is final
- The winner will be notified by private message on facebook / announcement on instagram
- The winner will be required to reply to the promoter and supply and email address and full postal address
- The closing date for entries is Monday 3rd September
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The Prize is a Dog Travel Bag, includes Bag, 2 Lined Food Carriers, Placemat, and 2 Collapsible Bowls.
- The prize is not transferable and is are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The prize will be posted directly to the winners home
- No cash alternative will be offered.