Camping in Paris & Île-de-France
Paris is an exciting, vibrant city packed with so many iconic sights that one visit is rarely enough. And if you’re looking for a holiday that combines the best of culture and relaxation, camping with Canvas is the way to go. We offer luxury accommodation at very reasonable prices, making Paris breaks an affordable choice for couples, friends and families.
Explore our campsites in Paris & Île-de-France
- > Camping La Croix du Vieux Port - One of our most popular campsites with excellent children’s clubs and our luxury lodge accommodation. It’s just over an hour from Paris and a 1 hour 15 minute drive to Disneyland® Paris.
- > Camping les Entangs Fleuris - this quiet, rural campsite is the ideal place to relax after a fun-filled day at Disneyland® Paris, just 25 minutes drive away.
- > Camping Parc des Roches - just 40 km from Paris, this campground has its own 23 hectare leisure park and pool complex.
What to expect from camping in Paris
Paris may not be the first place you think of when it comes to camping in France, but Canvas campers agree - it’s a brilliant way to do a Paris holiday!
Our campsites near Paris are within easy reach of the city as well as top theme parks like Disneyland® Paris. It’s a camping holiday with the best of both worlds - you can experience the excitement and culture of Paris and the region, then relax and enjoy the great facilities and accommodation back at your campsite.
Things to do when you’re camping in Paris & Île-de-France
Whether you’re on a camping holiday for the whole family or a romantic Paris break for two, you’re spoiled for choice in Paris!
- > Stroll around the famous sights - see the Mona Lisa at the Louvre, catch the views from atop the Eiffel tower, wander the Champs Elysées with its fabulous shops, or marvel at the magnificence of the Notre Dame Cathedral.
- > Once you’ve ticked off the big attractions, try some off-the-beaten-track things to do with kids in Paris, from the Balloon de Paris ride to the Notre-Dame bird market.
- > Of course we have to mention the fantastic food and wine - the best croissants of your life to dainty macarons, your stomach will be kept busy!
- > Love a bit of sporting action? Our campsites near Paris make a great base camp if you want to head to the French Open or watch the final stage of Tour de France on the Champs-Élysées.
- > If you’re a film buff, check out our guide to movie locations in Paris. From Moulin Rouge and Amélie in the Montmartre to big city blockbusters like The Bourne Identity and The Da Vinci Code, there’s so much to explore.
Theme park thrills
Our Paris campsites are a short drive to two of Europe’s best theme parks - Disneyland® Resort Paris and Parc Asterix.
- > Explore the five themed lands of Disneyland® Park or take a trip next door to Walt Disney Studios® Park where you can discover behind-the-scenes secrets and special effects of cinema, TV and Disney animation. Keep your eyes peeled for your favourite characters!
- > Are you a Disney newbie? Here’s everything you need to know about Disneyland® Paris and our guide to a great day out at Walt Disney Studios Park.
- > For a theme park that’s a bit more ‘French’, discover Parc Astérix. It boasts over 40 attractions, including the Tonnere de Zeus, a giant wooden roller coaster. Camping la Croix du Vieux Pont is only an hour’s drive to Park Astérix.
Day trips around Île-de-France
The woodlands, château and other attractions of Île de France are within easy reach of our campsites near Paris.
- > Versailles - from the imposing Palace with its lavish Hall of Mirrors to the vast formal gardens, Versailles is a magnificent insight into the final years of the ‘ancien régime’.
- > Reims - the Champagne capital of France has an excellent art museum and even a Planetarium. Dozens of French kings were crowned its glorious Cathedral and many are buried in the equally beautiful St Remi Basilica.
- > Fontainebleau - this royal château was home to kings and emperors, from François 1 to Napoleon 111. Tour the magnificent state apartments and the beautiful courtyards and gardens. The royal hunting grounds of the Forest of Fontainebleau are now a huge outdoor playground where you can go hiking, cycling or rock climbing.
Want help choosing your perfect campsite in Paris & Île-de-France? Call our knowledgeable customer advice team on 0345 268 0827, or go straight to the individual campsite pages.