Camping Aiguille Creuse****
Overview of Aiguille Creuse
For a fun family holiday in Normandy, Aiguille Creuse is an ideal destination. Nestled in the small village of Les Loges, it's only a few miles from the beautiful Channel beaches. The campsite offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere surrounded by invigorating sea air and magnificent coastline.
Sports fans are also well catered for with volleyball, pétanque, tennis, table tennis and cycling all available onsite. Children have their own playground complete with a bouncy castle and there is a fantastic covered swimming pool set in the middle of a beautiful lawn, making Aiguille Creuse perfect for families with young children.
The real advantage of Aiguille Creuse is its location, only four miles from the shingle beaches on the Normandy coast. Here you’ll find breath-taking natural beauty with spectacular white chalk cliffs that dominate the coastline, stretching for over 120 kilometres.
The unspoilt coastline of Côte d’Albâtre offers stunning views, among which is the famous Falaise d’Étretat. The best way to enjoy the scenery is to follow the clifftop path from the town walking to the small Church of Notre-Dame. Étretat once a fishing village, now a popular holiday resort made famous by artists such as Claude Monet, Guy de Maupassant, Victor Hugo and Flaubert.
6 miles north-east of Étretat, Fécamp is worth a visit for its abbey and Benedictine palace, where the Benedictine liqueur is still made. Fishing is the main activity of this pleasant town and those curious to know more can visit the Museum of Fishing and Newfoundland. Le Havre (20 miles) is also easily reached from the campsite.
At a glance
Open dates :1 April 2017 - 16 September 2017
Getting there :
Nearest ferry ports: Le Havre 20 miles, Cherbourg 151 miles
Nearest airports: Rouen 65 miles, Beauvais Tillé 100 miles
Mobile home 2 bedroom sleeps 5
4 adults and 1 child
Between 21 and 26 m²
Bedroom 1 : Double bedroom
Bedroom 2 : Bunk beds and a single bed. Please note, the top bunk is not suitable for children over 6 years old/over 40kg. On some campsites, the third bunk bed is replaced by a sofa bed in the living room.
Living room : Open plan living area with seating and a dining table.
Bathroom : Shower room, sink and toilet.
Decking : Some mobile homes have decking. Garden table and chairs.
Kitchen : Kitchenette with hob, microwave and refrigerator. Please note there is no oven.
Please note that while inventory can vary across units, your accommodation will have everything you need for a self-catering camping holiday including kitchen utensils, crockery, cups and glasses, cutlery, pots and pans.
Activities & entertainment
- Children’s playground
- Bouncy castle
- Bowling – pétanque
- Table tennis
- Cycle paths nearby
Paid activities nearby
- Tree tops aerial adventure (800 yds)
- Horse-riding (3 miles)
- Golf (3 miles)
- Sailing and boating (7 miles)
- No organised entertainment onsite
Pool & beach
- Covered and heated swimming pool
- Swimming trunks compulsory
- Nearest beach is 4 miles
Food & drink
- Snack bar – from 09/07 to 20/08
- Breakfast service
- Bread delivery point
- Communal barbecue area
- Washing machines and tumble dryers
- Ironing boards and irons
- Toilet and washing facilities with disabled access
- Disposable bed linen for sale
- WiFi (additional charge payable)
- TV in bar
- Public phone box
- Baby kit for hire
- No dogs allowed.
- Note on arrival and departure days:
- Low season: for stays before 08/07/2017 or after 26/08/2017, arrivals can be on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Departures can be on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- High season: for stays between 08/07/2017 and 26/08/2017, all arrivals and departures must be on Wednesdays and Saturdays only.
- There is no Canvas courier on this campsite, however there will be a French-speaking representative on site to answer any questions you may have.
- A €200 cleaning deposit is payable on arrival. This will be returned to you when you leave, provided the accommodation is left clean and in the same condition as it was found.
- Tourist tax may be payable on this campsite. If due this will be paid directly to the campsite when you check-in.
At a glance
Camping Aiguille Creuse - Les Loges
GPS : 49.69794942544035 / 0.2756667137145996
Open dates :
1 April 2017 - 16 September 2017
Campsite address :
24 Résidence de l'Aiguille Creuse |
76790 Les Loges
Haute Normandie - FRANCE